Tuesday, April 26, 2011

He is Risen!!

We had such a great Easter! 
This year Nana, Grumpy, Nie-Nie (aka Jayne), Gracie, Uncle David, Brooke, and King Charlie came to our house for a visit.  We had such a great weekend!  We played and played.  
On Saturday, Hunter, Maggie and Gracie put on their peep shirts and we tried to get a good picture...

I will say it is hard to get a good picture with both a 8 1/2 month old and an 18 month old. :)  But we got a few cute ones! 
Here is a sweet one of Miss Gracie!  She's waving to you! 

We had a great day Saturday just hanging out and enjoying family.  Then Sunday morning we got up... saw what the Easter Bunny brought and headed off to church. 

I do have to say we made it to church with time to spare!  And it wasn't even the late service... pretty good for 10 ppl in a 2 bathroom house! 

The service was awesome!  If you missed church this week you should go to www.beltway.org and listen to ours.  It was great! 

Then after church we had our egg hunt...
Maggie was really good at hunting eggs!  She was better than Hunter at first.  

Once her basket was about full she was done and ready for something new. 

This sweet boy got an 'egg grabber' thing and used it the whole time!

Even Gracie picked up a few eggs! :)

Hunter had to get the egg off the t. 

Maggie and King Charlie!  Isn't he cute!  Just her size... she loves him! 

Hunter almost made me cry on the way to church.  Ben was talking to Brooke and David while I was sitting in the back with the kids.  I leaned over to Hunter and asked him what Easter was really about.  I want him to know it is NOT about bunnies and candy and let me tell you he knows.  He told me the whole Easter story.  He didn't just say Jesus died on the cross and then rose on Easter Sunday.  No... he said that there were 2 ladies going to clean Jesus' body, but when they got to the tomb He was gone.  He said there was an angle who told them Jesus is risen!  I am so thankful that he gets it!  He knows it's not just a time to get candy and gifts.  He knows we celebrate Easter because Jesus is alive!

After some egg hunting we pulled out the blanket to take some more pictures.  As soon as we got it out Maggie ran over, sat down and said cheese!  Here she is... "Cheese!!!"

My sweet Maggie Moe!

We tried to get a good one with Nana and Grumpy but it was getting close to lunch.  

We tried to get one of us, too.  I have been wanting to get a good picture of all of us for a while now.  It's just hard!  

I will leave you with a picture of King Charlie!  Isn't he cute!!  Now everyone knows I am NOT a dog person... but I think I could handle this sweet doggie.  He was so sweet.  Maybe one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment