Monday, June 3, 2013

Somewhere over the rainbow...



It's time to make this blog official.  The Jennings are moving to Wichita, Kansas!!! 
Ben actually is starting his new job today at the Wichita Eagle!  

We are so excited about this new adventure for our family!  So how did all of this happen??  Well we have been praying for a new job for Ben for a long time.  I know he has loved working at the Abilene Reporter News and we are so blessed to have been apart of that family, however it was time to move on.  To be honest, I wasn't praying to move.  I was praying Ben would find a new job here in Abilene. I was so surprised when Ben called me at school (he NEVER calls or texts me while I'm teaching at Beltway) on a Tuesday in May.  You see he had applied for a job in Abilene, so I thought he was calling to tell me about that job.  Nope, it was an even better job working for an amazing boss and paper.  I can't even tell you how the Lord has opened doors for us lately.  This was truly from God.  We are very sad to be leaving our best friends!!!  We love Abilene!  We love Hardin-Simmons!!  It will always be home, but we are excited for this new adventure.  
So when are we moving?  Well Ben is starting his job today.  Yay!  Please pray for him as he is away.  The kids and I will stay in Abilene until our house sells.  Please pray it sells quickly!  I would really like to be in Kansas and get settled in time for Hunter to start Kindergarten.  I am sure it's going to be a hard couple of weeks/months, but God is so Good ALL of the time!  We are so blessed and honored that He chose us for this adventure.  


No comments:

Post a Comment