Friday, February 15, 2013

The Day of Love...

Valentine's Day!  The day of Love!  
We really love Heart day around here and a lot goes into it.   This year Hunter and Maggie helped a lot!  We got on Pinterest and picked out which Valentines we liked and wanted to make. 

Hunter picked these bug ones.  He was so funny making them.  He wrote everyone's name on theirs and signed his name.  He also picked out who got which bug... that was the funny part!!  "For Averi, the spider because she messes with me all the time!"  :)  Love that big boy! 


Maggie picked out these, but I couldn't find star shaped sunglasses.  So what do you do???  Get the heart shaped ones and have Daddy make a pdf and a quote for her very own original cards. 
They say, "Oh, Valentine you make my heart shine!"

I found Archer's here.  I didn't take a picture of it by itself.  I thought everyone could use some more gold fish for the one year olds. 

Next we had to make the traditional Valentine's Day shirts...  
Maggie is all into dresses!  She would wear one every, single day if I would let her.  She really likes the ones that twirl! :)  Anyway... I found this Heart Day dress and thought Maggie could actually help me this year!  So that's what we did! 

She was so excited!!! Last weekend I found a pink dress at Gap Outlet for Miss Maggie to paint and I followed the tutorial from Little Pink Monster.  

Hunter was so excited to paint his 'Love' shirt too!  I found the clipart from my Silhouette machine.  (I LOVE my silhouette!!!!)  He did such a great job!  As soon as he was done he wanted to make another one.  This boy loves to paint! 

I painted Archer's shirt!  
I'm super sad I didn't get a picture of all 3 of them wearing their Heart Day outfits! :(  I don't know what I was thinking!!!  

Last up, teacher's gifts!  I made 11 of these babies!!  Lots of awesome teachers up at Beltway and one superwomen at HSU got these jars.  What did I get for making them... Yummy Starbucks Frappuccino! It's a Win = Win! 


I am so especially thankful for Hunter's amazing teacher, Ms. Brandy!  She is seriously the best!!!  And she couldn't do it all without the help of Stefani!  I was so excited that I got to go to Hunter's party for a few minutes.  She had the party at 1:30, which I am totally saying it was so that I could come.  My class party was at 2.  Thank you, Brandy!!! 

Hunter was so excited to see me!  Made my day!!!  Here he is leading prayer with his friends at school. 
This picture is blurry, but it's his last Valentine's party at preschool. :(  He's growing way to fast!!! 

We ended out night with yummy homemade pizza!  Hey this is the easiest way to get my kids to eat!  Let them make the food!  So fun and easy and they actually eat it! :) 

So what did Ben and I get for each other... 
Well I made mini cheesecakes!  so yummy!!!  And Ben stuck with his awesome tradition and made chocolate dipped strawberries.  YUM!!!!  Great ending to a great day!  

I still think these Valentines that Ben made were the BEST from a couple of years ago.  Next year, I think I want to use a picture Valentine again. 

Here are some past Heart Day posts:

Hope you all had a great Heart Day!  





No comments:

Post a Comment