Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year, everyone!!!  Wow!  What a year!  We have loved 2012.  It was such a great year!   So what were some of our favorite things that happened in 2012???

The best by far was Hunter asked Jesus to be his Lord and Savior on June 25th.  He is now our brother in Christ!  We are so proud of him!  I am thinking he will be ready to be baptized soon.  He is a little less scared of the water now. :)  
Another great event was when Maggie decided she was ready to use the potty!  2 out of 3 kids potty trained... it feels good!!!  
Archer had lots of great firsts!  He found his feet, ate his first foods, crawled, and walked.  Archer has been such a blessing to our family!  I can't imagine life without him.  He had lots and lots of first this year.  I love to watch him grow and learn. 
We had lots of birthday parties in 2012... a pirate 5th birthday party, a baseball family party for a cute 1 year old, and a pink princess party for our 3 year old.  So fun!  I love birthdays!! I do believe Hunter is already planing his next party! :) 
I did a few crazy things this year.  I remember taking all three kids to the grocery store for the first time.... crazy!  And then there was the time when I took all three kids to the park so I could go for a run.  That was fun.  Notice I have not done that again... maybe I'll try again in 2013... maybe! :) 
I could really be here all night writing about all the blessing this year has brought to our family.  We are truly blessed beyond belief. 

So what is coming up for the 2013...  Well that is in the Lord's hands, but we are excited to find out!  Do we have any resolutions???  Well maybe they are more like goals for us this year.  Ben and I both want to continue to be healthy.  Ben wants to lose a little more weight and I just want to maintain.  We both want to keep working out as much as we can.  With Hunter starting school (kindergarten) next year, I just want to enjoy this time with him and my two younger kids.  I say it every year... I just want to enjoy life.  I want to enjoy the little things that happen.  I need to stop worrying about if I get the laundry done or if my house is perfectly clean and just enjoy my family.  They are going to grow up way to fast and I am going to wish I would have stopped and played more.  So that is my main goal.  
Overall we are excited for 2013!  Bring it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment